Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Things I Learned In 2011

1) Botox and boob jobs. I've always been against them. Not that I'm gonna do it, but I'll just say "I get it now."

2) Low rise jeans are sexy. But I'm a grown ass woman. High rise jeans stay up and hide muffin tops.

3) I get along really well with girls named Stacey/Stacy/Stacie. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I used to wish my name was Stacey. (Stacey McGill to be exact. Yes, I just made a Babysitter's Club reference.)

4) I have less and less tolerance for rude/judgmental/ignorant people.  There's too much mean in the world.  Let's be nice to each other.

5) I'm crazy about my husband.  That has always been true.  But now I'm even more crazy about him as a Father.

6) Babies.  I've learned a lot about babies.

7) A dark chocolate and Diet Coke overdose may be the death of me.

8) Cereal can sometimes be the best dinner.

9) Pinterest.  Wow.  All the things I never knew I wanted to do in one place.

10) Since I got through 2011 and didn't take up drinking, I now know I get through pretty much anything.  ...And pass me a margarita.

11) When my mother told me "the laundry never ends", she really wasn't kidding.

12) When I step on the scale with my right foot, it shows I weigh 2 pounds less than when I step on with my left.  I CHOOSE THE RIGHT!

13)  No one will EVER give me a good enough reason why gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married.

14) A non-sleep lifestyle was only sustainable in my early 20's. In my 30's, I now need 9 hours just to function.  And I rarely get that.  So I'm just exhausted, like all the time.

15) Learning who your true friends are is a lesson that is ever changing.

16) I still don't get Twitter.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I LOVE IT! (and i still don't get twitter either)

Anonymous said...

I love #16 too! And, for the record...I am KINDA getting the hang of Twitter. :) Just sayin. :)

Alicia said...

I LOVE this list. :)