Monday, January 23, 2012

13 Months

I wasn't going to do a 13 Month update and just wait for 18 Months, but so much has happened just since he turned 1!  He learned to sit himself up about a week after his birthday.  It was so cute and he literally mastered it overnight, like it was the easiest thing in the world.  We sometimes laugh when we find him sitting up in his crib refusing to take a nap.  He looks right into the video monitor as if he knows we are watching - but he eventually loses that battle every time.  He has 9 teeth now, including his 1-year molar.  That one was a bitch coming in though, I tell you what!  Huge black and blue blister for over a month.  Oh, it looked awful.  I touched it once and it gave me the willies.  He understands when we ask him "What does the kitty say?" in English and Armenian.  He doesn't know how to say "MEOW", but he makes this high pitched squeak every time we ask.  We are working on dog (shoonig) and cow (gov) and monkey (gabig) too.  He's showing a lot more interest in toys.  They don't keep him occupied for very long, but at least he's grabbing things and showing signs of curiosity now.  He will go out of his way to reach the iPhone or remote control though.  He learned to wave "hi" and it's just about the cutest thing on the planet.  And the biggest news came just about a week ago when he finally crawled!  I'm not gonna lie, I teared up as he made his way across the living room.  I was so proud of him! He's been working so hard at it for months and months and months, and then it just happened.  A relief for sure, but now I know I'm in for it with him being able to get around!  Look at this little guy go!


Cute wave!

Exciting times, my friends!  I didn't know my voice could go that high.

6 comments:

Krista said...

I LOVE IT!

Lara Peltekian said...

Yay! My bubbas is growning so fast!

Norma L Hdez said...

Yes! Love it! His waving hi is adorable!

Alicia said...

What a doll!
And I LOVED hearing your voice. Man, I miss you.

Gadoo said...

He is going to start chasing me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! - Laurie