Monday, November 3, 2008

The Halloween Party I Went To Was Extra Scary...

So Halloween weekend. Not as exciting as one would hope. It was more exciting shopping at the thrift store for the last bits of my costume, than to go out on Halloween night. I was a Disneyland Tourist (notice the amazing fanny pack?)


Unfortunately, we ended up at a party with a bunch of 19-21 year olds. Enough said there. We were so tired since it was the end of the week anyway, we just couldn't deal with that nonsense. I think we were home in bed by midnight. Saturday we got together with the group again and had a lot more fun bowling, drinking hot chocolate and eating Bob's. It had been a-raining all day and it was a lovely evening. Last night we had a few people over for food and poker and it was a good way to wrap things up before the new week began.

The real exciting news is that there is a possibility we will be going to New York City in the next couple months. The Hubs and I had planned on going there for Christmas, but after adding up the flight, hotels, food, etc. we determined it would just be too expensive. Especially for that time of year. But one of my best girlfriends from Utah and her husband have family there, so we might have a place to stay, not to mention some great company! Which would give us a break on the most expensive part of the trip - the accommodations. Now I don't want to build it up too much, in case it can't happen. But it IS a possibility and that's good enough for me right now. Details to follow!!

2 comments:

amy said...

i hope that happens! that would be so very fun. I do notice the great fanny pack...but lets also talk about the socks with your sandals. you're super funny. i miss you!

treen+5 said...

You look smokin' hot!! Seriously I'm so excited for NYC! WOOOOO!!