Monday, November 10, 2008

Beware of Icy Conditions

One of our buddies just graduated from Le Cordon Bleu - the CHEF school. How cool is that? I can't wait until he makes me dinner.

Anyway, to celebrate the occasion, his very sweet girlfriend planned a little surprise dinner with all the friends at Mi Piace. The surprise did not go according to plan as only 4 of the 9 guests were on time. (I guess LA traffic is always a valid excuse. Even on a Saturday night.) So that was a little disappointing, but overall I think he enjoyed the idea of the surprise. After a big, tasty meal, we went for a very fun session of ice skating. I honestly can't remember the last time I went ice skating. Possibly 1998 when I was living in Provo? It couldn't have been that long ago... Regardless, it was good practice for when I go ice skating at Rockafellar Center next month! Luckily we didn't have any spills, but it was fun watching the people who've never been ice skating before (like my brother) hanging on for dear life around every turn.

Speaking of ice, I have been acting like an ice queen lately. I've been noticing that I'm very easily irritated and have no patience for anything or anybody. This has been going on for like 2 weeks, I think. So I tried figuring out what has changed in the last couple weeks and realized my mood imbalances are from my allergy medicine! Just recently, my doctor told me to start taking Zyrtec or Claritin to help with my asthma symptoms. I started taking Zyrtec first, but it was causing restless nights - lots of trouble sleeping. So I tried Claritin. This has similar side effects, but didn't seem to be as severe. I thought I'd check WebMD anyway, just to see if these medicines can cause grumpiness or depression and sure enough - both of them can cause "Mood/Mental Changes". I guess that can go along with almost any new medication. So now what? I want to be able to breathe, but I don't want to be the ice queen! I'm a nice girl, I swear.

1 comment:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Hey there! Jake is amazing on skates and you look like an old pro! Let's all go to Finland and show them off!!! I am so excited about my birthday plans for Disneyland. January can't get here fast enough! Keep your chin up - you will find something that will not affect your mood and still helps you breathe. I experienced the same thing when I had to take some anti-inflamatory (?) medication. I nearly chopped Garth's head off when I thought he had underminded the seminar process I was doing. I think he has forgiven me since - it happened about two years ago! Stay well!
Hugs,
MOM