Sunday, October 26, 2008

Some Weekend Fun

This weekend has been quite enjoyable, if I do say so myself. Friday, I was feeling a little down in the dumps and didn't want to do much. But we had already planned to meet some friends for the Berlin concert and I thought we should keep that commitment. So we went out to the Canyon Club and it was actually really fun. I only knew two of the songs - Take My Breath Away & Riding on the Metro - but the band wasn't half bad and the lead singer had some chops, so the whole show was pretty good. And I needed to get out of the house when I was feeling so blah.

On Saturday, I had a baby shower to go to. I wasn't looking forward to that either. (Let's be honest, I'm a little jealous of mothers-to-be. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but Hubs and I have had a hard time getting pregnant for the past year+ and sometimes I feel pretty envious. I also knew I would hear "You're next" about 30 times and it was so frustrating! So anyway, sitting through a baby shower wasn't at the top of the list for me.) Luckily I kept busy taking pictures and visiting with some of the in-laws. But I was still relieved when it was over. I rushed home and got out of my fancy clothes so we could eat some dinner. Had Daphne's (yum) and decided NOT to go to Target so we wouldn't spend extra money. Instead we walked over to the Linen's and Things and Shoe Pavilion, which are both going out of business, and spent WAY more than we would have at Target. So that didn't go according to plan, but it was fun...

After shopping, we met up with everybody to visit a local haunted house. The people that put on this haunted house every year seriously go all out! They start building the sets in August and finish just a couple days before Halloween. It is seriously so amazing. One of our best friends is behind the controls, and its something I look forward to seeing every year. And they really outdid themselves this time. It was a Wizard of Odz theme and I was totally blown away. Super, super fun and cool. And see how scared we look?

We drove around looking for more haunted houses, but I think the rest will be opening next weekend. Our options were running out since it was already getting so late at this point, but we did have just enough time to make it to Castaways. It's this awesome restaurant on top of the mountain that overlooks the whole city. They have firepits outside and it was just really nice. The 10 of us hung out there until they closed and then made our way to Bob's Big Boy - just like the good old days. It used to be our hangout every single weekend. But as we've gotten older (and chubbier) we don't go quite as often. So it was fun having the whole group together (minus one) and going back. We were like celebrities walking in with our entourage. The waiters know us and were happy to see all of us there. We had some major, major fun and I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Literally crying, stomach aches, sore cheeks - the whole bit. It was hilarious.

3 comments:

treen+5 said...

THAT'S IT!! I can't handle the jealousy any longer! I don't know how, but I've got to get out there!! I'm glad you went out and got rid of your blah's. Oh and be grateful you don't have Shelley constantly dangling her honeymoon TWINS in your face. :)

David and Ally said...

Ahh, those are the days, no kids to worry about and just letting the night go as long as you want. I have to say, I am jealous of you right now. Love my babes, but you definately lack the spontaneous factor for sure after they arrive. Lots of love and if you ever want to get in on some kid sitting, mine are always available.

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun! :)
Your shower dress is amazing.