Monday, October 6, 2008

Exploring Possibilities

This week has been busy and good. I've started looking for some part-time work because things with the home business have slowed down a lot. We are expecting next summer to be completely insane again, but for the time being I feel like I have a really good opportunity to try some new things that I've been curious about. My schedule is flexible, I don't have the ties of a corporate job holding me back for the first time in my life, and my husband is super supportive - what better time to explore the possibilities? I'm online every day looking for various types of jobs so we'll see what comes of that.

And I'm not the only one exploring possibilities. This weekend my Mom and youngest brother came into town to help move my bro (who has been staying with us the past 5 months) into his very own apartment! He didn't have much, but moving always seems to be exhausting no matter what. He is excited to be on his own and he will be starting a new job soon, so its all pretty great. I never expected that he'd want to stay and live in L.A. but it grows on you - can't blame the guy! I'm really happy that he stayed close by and he's really happy that he's not sleeping in our dining room anymore. Haha. Lots of good things will come to him for working hard and taking chances.

I've also explored the possibility of taking one of my besties to Disneyland for her birthday and we decided to go next weekend. I'm so excited. It has been determined that I will likely take lots of pics and that we will have loads of fun. Can't wait.

3 comments:

amy said...

jaana i totally watch beckers blog too. so funny. good to talk to you today as usual! love your guts! remember that cooking idea....you're all alone! hahah

treen+5 said...

I have been selling Scentsy for some extra dough and it has been such a blast!! You are such a social butterfly I bet you would do well.. And it hasn't spread as much to California yet. If you're interested check out my website www.scentsy.com/meltmee. Love ya!

Unknown said...

What a big deal for Jake. So great! And you'll do great at anything you do. :) I can't wait for Disneyland!