Sunday, October 19, 2008

Disney Day 2...and More!

This place just went from a mad-house to a little too quiet in a matter of seconds. I had my sister, nephew, brother and Dad visiting for the weekend and they just left to get on the road. It has been over a year since I've seen my pops and it was good to have him around for a bit. The cutest nephew in the world is walking now and it would just amaze me every time I looked at him. He's so funny pointing at everything, and laughing all the time, and being as stubborn as can be when it's time for a nap. Sister has been so good with him. She's been around him every day and it shows in his personality that he is loved and well taken care of. My brother was here just a couple weeks ago, but it is always good to see him too. He's just a cool cat - you know. Senior in high school. Goes with the flow. Funny too.

They all arrived Wednesday evening and we had dinner at Zankou - so dad could experience the best chicken in LA County. On Thursday we went to Disneyland and California Adventure all day. We were there long enough to get a second and then a third wind. And everyone seemed to have a blast. I think the Hidden Mickeys scavenger hunt went well. We all got pretty good at spotting them by the end of the day. The baby went on quite a few rides and then we took turns watching him so everyone could go on the roller coasters. For the cherry on top, we had great seats for the fireworks show. It is literally the best fireworks show I've ever seen in my life. I don't know how many times I've seen it now - and I'm not like a huge fan of fireworks - but it is so awesome. I feel like I'm 5 when I'm watching because my eyes light up and I'm just in awe with the whole thing.



On Friday after a pizza lunch, we kind of split up and the boys went to a movie while sissy and I went shopping. Then we all met up for dinner at BJ's Brewhouse. (If you can't tell yet - I totally over-ate this weekend!) We also ordered a movie on demand and munched on popcorn and soda until we were too tired and full to go on.


Saturday we decided to go to the Griffith Park Observatory since Dad wanted to see all the new renovations they made a couple years ago. We also got to see a show in the Planetarium. I didn't have high expectations for that, but it was actually really good and interesting. We then headed off for a sushi lunch with Hubby's parents and that was a lot of fun. They brought birthday presents for the baby (he will be 1 in a few days!) and our dads got to finally sit down together and swap stories. It was like a match made in heaven. Haha. After some relaxing and TV watching, the rest of the gang went for a late dinner at Bob's Big Boy while the Husband and I stayed here with the sleeping baby.

Today, we all just sort of hung out and took some time to unwind from the busy weekend. We grabbed a quick lunch and watched some movies on TV before they decided it was time to go. But I'm glad that they all came and I hope they had as much fun as I did. Thanks for the memories, Fam.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need to see that boy more often. Please get them to move here. I'm lazy.