Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Average Man's Brain Weighs 3 Pounds

Today was weird. First of all, it was strange going back to work after a 4-day weekend. I haven't had that many days off in ages and it felt like I hadn't worked in about 2 weeks. After a few hours in the field, my co-worker and I decided to grab a bite at Carl's Jr and do a little paperwork. Some random guy came up to us as we were eating and basically told us his life story. It went on for quite awhile. Then he told us to have a Happy New Year about 7 times.

Once he finally left, another man walked in. He looked a little banged up. Possibly homeless. Most likely drunk. He was muttering to himself as he made his way to the bathroom - where he made quite a scene. Cursing, yelling, the whole works. We sat and tried to ignore it as much as possible, but it was slightly disturbing. Part of me wanted to laugh and the other part of me just wanted to get the heck out of there! So we polished off our snack and decided we'd probably never come back to this particular Carl's Jr. Yikes!

After hitting a couple stores, I decided I better get to the gym before it got to late. I sure do write about the gym a lot. It never fails to amuse me. Today was stupid Wacky Wednesday. I don't know why they have to call it that. I suppose its extra wacky because we go around the work-out circle in reverse! Lame.

Anyway, one of the "personal trainers" decided to give us some trivia while we worked out. The first question was How much does the brain of an average man weigh? All the man-haters (there are a lot of those at Curves) yelled answers like "Which brain?" or "Is it weighed in ounces?" Clever ladies.

The next question was True or False: A humid climate has relatively little moisture in the air.

Seriously. That was the question. Do they think we are retarded or something? Everyone shouted out "False!" and seemed pretty proud of themselves. I just thought "Should I write about this in my blog, or am I playing out the Curves thing?" I decided to write it anyway and hopefully something more interesting will happen to me soon so I can write about something good. :)

2 comments:

amy said...

Seriously though it is so funny! I want to come with you to curves! hahahah I miss you and I don't think you know how much!

dxeechick said...

i wish somebody WOULD come with me to curves! then i wouldn't have to deal with these crazies on my own. :) miss you like crazy too!