Friday, December 28, 2007

Reasons To Love The Season

So I was at the gym yesterday (after not going for about 2 weeks) and as you go around the Curves work-out circle, they have little signs on the floor with quotes and health tips - you know, something to read so you don't get bored doing the same work-out day after day.

Anyway, as I worked my way around the circle I noticed a list of "Reasons To Love The Season". There were things like "Because its rude to not take seconds of Mom's apple pie" and "Because you are expected to go shopping". While this is true, the thing that got me was the number one reason to love the season...

"Because when else are you allowed to wear musical jewelry."

That was the number one reason to love Christmas? Really? Who are these people?? I almost took that as my cue to leave and never return, but instead I rolled my eyes and then laughed very hard on the inside as I continued my work-out.

When I started my walk home, I laughed very hard on the outside and couldn't wait to tell people this story. I honestly can't say I've never worn a piece of musical jewelry, but I'm pretty sure the last time I did, I was about 6 years old. And I'm almost positive you're not allowed to wear it again until you're over the age of 70. But I haven't seen that many 70-year olds at my gym.

So I don't know who wrote that list, but I veto their number one reason to love the season! Come on!

1 comment:

amy said...

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH Seriously so funny. I wish i could send you a picture of my face laughing so funny. I know I can't wait to break out my musical jewelry when November comes around. hahahahahha Seriously I bet you had a hard time concentrating on your work out cuz you kept laughing to yourself and you couldn't wait to tell someone. So funny. I am so glad you shared!
I want to copoy your blog just to post it on mine so others can enjoy.