Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Big 2-9


Yesterday was my birthday. The big 2-9. The last and final year of my 20's! I actually hadn't thought of it that way, but a lot of people pointed that out! I tried taking the day off work, but it seems like even if I am physically not at work, I still get enough emails and phone calls that I might as well have been. Work aside, it was a fun day.

My mom had been in Finland the last couple weeks visiting her family and arranged the trip so she could fly home into LAX and spend a day with me. We went shopping, had lunch, got mani/pedi's and enjoyed a nice, sunny California day.

Once we got home, Mom made me a pie. Our family has never been huge on birthday cakes. We usually had brownies or something along those lines. Just not big fans of frosting, I guess. This year, I got a french silk pie made from scratch. We kept cracking up trying to make it because I'm not exactly someone who knows their way around the kitchen. Even my own kitchen. So mom would ask "Do you have a rolling pin?" and I honestly had no idea. We ended up using a thermos. Then she asked for a cheese grater. I knew we had one somewhere, so I began digging around. And accidentally knocked a glass of old Diet Coke onto the pie crust. So we had to start that over. You get the idea - that's why I don't cook! But the pie turned out so sweet and delicious. Definitely a hit!

When hubby finally got home from work, he had big plans to take me out for a nice dinner, but I was already so tired that I convinced him to order a pizza. Usually I'll take any excuse to go eat sushi, or something equally delicious. But I just couldn't bear the thought of leaving that couch! The pizza was yummy anyway. Deep dish from BJ's Brewhouse. No complaints here.

Oh and for my gift, he gave me the best & prettiest bracelet from Tiffany's! A total surprise. I pretended I was mad at him for spending that kind of money, but I absolutely love it.

Cheers to the last year in my 20's. And get ready because next year is my Golden Birthday (turning 30 on the 30th) and it is going to be MAJOR! I'm already looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be ready to party BIG for the 3-0!!