Monday, January 21, 2008

Old Family Videos - Priceless.


So I pretty much have the best nephew ever! He is just perfect in every way. Beautiful blue eyes, perfect skin, and cheeks I could munch on all day. He is consistenly a happy baby and even when he's not, his cry is still cute! (I'm sure I only think its cute because I hear it like once every couple months, but really - it's not bad!)

He was here visiting with his Mama Krista and Uncle Markus over the weekend. The hubby and I just loved having them here. We kept them busy hauling them around to different places and having lots of visitors who were excited to see them. I'm pretty sure we wore all of them out (well, except Markus - he usually can't wait to get out of the house). But Krista and Jorel are not exactly used to the city life! In fact, they don't get out of the house much at all. Krista was a little concerned that we overwhelmed the little one, but I think its good for him to get out and about!

We enjoyed the quiet times we had at home too. Jorel is very content sitting in his crib and talking to us. He can goo-goo, gaa-gaa all day and we happily sit around, gooing and gaaing back at him. There were times when he would just lay on a blanket in the middle of the living room and we'd all sit in a circle around him, watching. That's how it goes with the first nephew in the family! We haven't seen a Nugent baby in about 16 years, so it is very exciting.

Another thing we did during our downtime was watch old family movies. Krista took the time over the last month to transfer our VHS tapes to DVD so they can be preserved a little longer. There was one tape that has been broken for many years that she was able to fix, so it was the first time we ever watched it - 1984. The hubby was loving watching me as a 5 year-old and hoping we have three just like me. I was loving the fact that Jorel at 3 months old looks SO MUCH like his Mama at 3 months old. And when we saw Markus at about 9 months old, we realized Jorel would look just like him! It was awesome.

I kept telling myself to never take those family videos for granted. Even though they are really obnoxious 1/2 the time, it really shows everyone's personalities and honestly, they are just priceless. I also got a little emotional watching Markus as a baby. It brought back a lot of memories. He was always my little guy and its just crazy to think how quickly the time has gone. I can't imagine what it will be like to have my own.

1 comment:

amy said...

Yeah they made it out there! I am so glad! It looks like you guys had so much fun! He is so cute! yummy! I miss you .