Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Want to Ride My Bicycle

After several years (and I'm not exaggerating about this) of pleading with my husband to get bikes, I just finally just went and got one. This encouraged my husband to get one also. So now we have bikes. Just like that. Sometimes mama needs to take matters into her own hands.

I, of course, had to include Stephen in the excitement. He got a little seat that attaches to the front of my bike and helmet so he can ride along. I have been getting great joy from this. Last night as we rode our bikes down Chandler Path for the first time, I had a big grin on my face and just enjoyed our first little family bike ride so much. The little booger seemed to enjoy it (and the baby did too - hee hee)

The only problem we've run into is Stevie gets sleepy and can't really nap, since there's no headrest. Then he just gets mad. So our two rides have started out well and ended in tears, and we've had to keep them relatively short. But I still love it. A lot.

4 comments:

amy said...

i love it for you! Too cute!! I finally got a bike last year for the bday. It makes you feel a little like a kid zooming around. Super cute. Fun times!

absolutebob said...

The heat came just in time to make things more difficult.

Unknown said...

Maybe get a bike trailer. Daniel gave us one and Dylan took a nap in it everytime. Enjoy!

PBJ Mommy said...

Mama always knows best! You two look adorable!