Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Swimming Pools and Cheese & Crackers

Those were my favorite things from our weekend getaway.

We took a quick trip to Palm Springs. We reserved our hotel at the last minute and decided to just GO! It was the only weekend we had available before Stephen's big surgery in October, so we had to jump on it.

Palm Springs is hot. But it's perfect for lounging around.

We spent Saturday doing just that. Our first trip to the pool wasn't great. The munchkin was a big ol' grouch. So we left and got ice cream and went back later. Take 2 was so much fun.

This is me annoyed that we're not having fun.

Ah, that's better!

Back at the room, I gave the little guy a bath while hubby set up a table of cheese and crackers and olives.

We ate and ate and ate. (And then went out to dinner!) (And then we ate oreos!) That night we all slept pretty good. We had the leave the next morning and made a quick run to the outlets on our way out.

Too short, but so so glad we went.

1 comment:

Lori Romney said...

Your little one is so cute!! I'm just finding this blog through your photography blog. You gave me photography advice a while back.. not sure if you remember me. My first little boy also had to have surgery and NICU stay for about a month.. not for heart issues.. but still really hard. My heart goes out to you and your little family. I hope all is going well now!