Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2 Months Old

We're actually going on 10 weeks old! So crazy.

Baby: Has been working on opening both eyes. His right eye has an issue, but we're seeing improvement all the time. Has gained over 3 pounds and grown 4 inches since birth. He will hold up his head pretty good while upright, but totally hates tummy time and has to work really hard while lying face-down. Sometimes he is working so hard, that a fart will slip out. That always makes me laugh. Still struggles with breastfeeding. I haven't given up yet, but I've come close. Feedings are no fun when I'm facing rejection every 2 hours! Recently started LOVING the bath. He is smiling and cooing after his belly is full. Likes just laying on the floor and taking in his surroundings. Those are my favorite moments and I love to talk to him and see his reactions. When I rock him to sleep, he always finds the collar of my shirt and holds on for dear life.

STATS:
Head - 14 1/2"
Weight - 11 lbs. 4 oz.
Height - 22 1/2"

He is in about the 20th % for all of the above.

Parents: Tired of course! We've been taking shifts and co-sleeping with baby on the couch. We sleep there during nap-time and nighttime. It's the only way anyone can get rest. And he looks so sweet all snuggled in my chest, my heart melts just a little bit. Hubby usually takes the evening shift from like 11pm to 2am so I can get a few hours of consecutive sleep. But he got a really bad flu, so we just had to work it out and I've been with baby a LOT the last few days. Praying we don't catch what he had! When he and I are frustrated in the middle of the night, we have had a couple arguments - but decided that anything said between midnight and 6am doesn't count towards the relationship. You can't take things personally when you are being tortured. We are also too lazy to dress baby in anything but onesies.

Mom's Thoughts: After the kid's hospital stay, I have had my moments of paranoia - even paged the doctor late at night just in case. I feel like the time we missed together and the intense fear that I had of losing him caused me to detach a little and it interfered with our bonding. But its always reassuring when the doctors say how great he's doing. I worry less and less every day about his condition. And baby and I have our moments where we can't get enough of each other. Today I went jogging for the first time in probably 10 months. It felt good and I'm hoping I can work it into my days on a regular basis somehow. Kind of sad to still see all these stretch marks though. No amount of exercise will help those suckers!

1 comment:

PBJ Mommy said...

Best scenario jogging by yourself if not get a jogging stroller!
I'm not speaking from my own experience mind you I sat on my butt after Pierce was born now I'm just sitting on my butt but for a whole different reason.
Just use me as an example of what NOT to do. :)
BTW I checked out your photography website. Your work is really beautiful! Love your weddings. Makes me wish I knew you for my own wedding.