Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Little Relief

The last two days, we have been in much better spirits around here. Hope I don't jinx it by bragging!

Stevie has taken naps!!

At first, I wondered if maybe something was wrong with him. He was actually sleeping during the day? For more than 10 minutes? And 3 times at that?? I imagined he must be feeling sick... and hopefully nothing worse. I couldn't help but monitor him closely as he rested, just to make sure. Everything seemed fine, so by the next nap, I got smart and got a little sleep myself.

Oh my goodness, what a difference that 45 minutes made.

The rest of the day I felt energized and I wanted to spend time with him, instead of being frustrated with him. We smiled at each other and babbled to each other and just enjoyed the rest of the day. I didn't even care when he pooped on me. Plus I was able to get a few of my own things done, so I am feeling good.

He must have known I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and just gave in. Thank you, baby. Thank you.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

3 comments:

Krista said...

good job baby Stevie, keep it up!!

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Oh, he is such a cutie! Keep it up little one - Mommy is a lot happier when she gets some sleep too. :) I miss you kids - hope to come and see you soon.
Mummi

PBJ Mommy said...

Yay for naps for both of you! Steve looks so good!
It always seems like just as I'm about to lose it my kids decide to behave.
It's like the universe knows we just need a break.