Friday, March 25, 2011

Mommy Faux Pas #2

As I made dinner one night, I realized I was missing a key ingredient. Nothing a quick trip to Ralphs wouldn't fix.

So I popped outside to get the jogging stroller ready, accidentally letting the front door slam behind me. And of course, it was LOCKED.

I basically freaked out because I could hear Stephen crying inside. Rationally I knew he was safe but that didn't keep my from bursting into tears.

Thank goodness for kind neighbors and a fast sister-in-law. She had the extra keys here in about 15 minutes. But I sure felt like a dummy. And the baby didn't let me forget it, either. He was pissed the rest of the night.

Oops.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

We have a key-less number-pad entry lock. Best thing ever.
Otherwise, I'm SURE I would have done this same thing years ago.

amy said...

Oh my gosh totally have done the same thing!!! I could see Troy not locked in his bouncy seat slowly falling out. While seriously the whole family was outside trying to get in for about 45 minutes. Totally scared still. We didn't want to call the cops either cuz then we would end up with a broken door.The DH ended up setting up a ladder on top of a table and jumped up through the tinyest bathroom window ever on second floor! Serious miracle. No dummy ....just another mommy badge earned! Good job!!

PBJ Mommy said...

Oh noes! I haven't done this one yet(but my nextdoor neighboor has a spare key just in case I ever do)

treen+5 said...

Ya, I did this only with my car at a gas station in 100 degree heat! Poor one year old, melting with his hand pressed against the window! Luckily someone had it unlocked before too long. Yikes! I hate my mommy faux pas!

The Martz Guppies said...

All I can say is Thank you for sharing, it makes me feel a little bit better. I did something similar when Alaina was a baby. We get awesome points for things like this! ; )