Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weekend Haps

Over the weekend Stevie went to his first birthday party. Of course, to prepare for the occasion, I had to get him a new outfit. I have been really fortunate in the clothing department. Besides the fact that he's either in a onesie or a pajama 99% of the time, I was able to borrow a ton of baby boy clothes from my sister and we got so many little outfits as gifts. I really haven't had to purchase a single thing. But put me in a Baby Gap and I'll be sure to find something.

He looked so cute and was such a good boy at the party. We started out in the Bjorn backpack, which he is becoming quite accustomed to as he gets bigger. I accidentally dropped pasta salad on his head while I was eating though. Haha. When he got tired of that, Daddy held him for awhile and then he laid in the grass on a blanket for a long time, just smiling and babbling to all the passersby. I was so glad he was happy, because it can be so stressful when they have the grumps. His souvenir from the party was this awesome 'stache & glasses.

Later that night, the little guy hung out with his Tati while the huz & I went out with our friends for a birthday celebration. It was fun to be out and I really didn't worry about him all that much. But by 10pm, I was wiped out - and secretly wishing I had been sleeping the whole time we had a sitter. We did have a nice night though and we are really trying to make an effort to not to lose all our social connections just because we're parents now. I'm not going to lie, its kind of difficult being the only ones in our group of friends with a kid. I'm constantly talking about the baby and we just relate to things in a totally different way now. But thankfully our friends love little Stephen and they seem to understand.

Plus, being a parent is just too good to worry much about anything else outside of that.

1 comment:

gina said...

Hey Jaana,

Oliver, Alex, and I can't wait until we are out there. Now little Stevie will have a playmate. We can't wait to meet him. He is adorable. I know how you feel, I'm worried that once we get out there, we still won't be able to hang out as much now that we have Alex. Hopefully, you guys can come out to Vegas often. Miss you. Love you guys.

Gina.