Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January

January is typically a good month. We start a fresh year, it's the month of my birthday, the weather is awesome (not too hot, not too cold). This January has been no exception. I haven't been particularly busy. But I've had a photography job here and there, I've gone to Disneyland a few times, I've applied for a couple part-time jobs and and I've been slowly finishing some things in the house. So it's all good. Things are good.

Even just this week has been lots of fun. On Monday, I got to attend a taping of The Ellen Degeneres Show. It was a long day with a lot of waiting, but when the show finally started, it was awesome! We even scored with the swag since it was her birthday show. Very exciting.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon painting. I actually got my inspiration from another painting I saw and figured I'd give it a shot. Here's how it turned out:

It's pretty big and I have no idea where it will go, but I've had that blank canvas sitting around for awhile, so I'm glad I finally decided what to put on it. I hate how the Eiffel Tower turned out, but am not quite sure how to fix it. So the weirdness of it will just have to add to the character of the painting. Haha.

I also just found out that DMB announced their summer tour!!! It's MONTHS away, but it's time to start getting excited. I think I'm honestly a little relieved each year that they announce it, because you're never sure when they'll get tired of being on the road. And I'm not ready for it to end!

So here we are almost to the end of January, but 2010 is looking pretty good so far. Pre-tty, pre-tty good. Now if Conan can get back on TV sooner than later, life will be complete.

9 comments:

Krista said...

i think the painting looks so cool!!! and the eiffel tower is definitley characteristic and unique i think it looks awesome, seriously, i'm not just saying it :)

Camille said...

i think it is awesome, seriously, could you share the love on all this talent you are ooozing???? amazing. i love it! great job :)

Alicia said...

1. Poor Conan.
2. If DMB makes it back out to Usana, let's please try and get together. I would love it!
3. I hate January in UT so much that I think I will blog about it. Stay tuned.

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Jaana - you are the talent that skipped my generation all together. Awesome work! If you cannot find a place for your painting, I have a place for it in our house. I love it, love it, love it!!

Lara said...

OMG! I must have that painting! It will be perfect in my office! Can I commission you to make one for me!?!

amy said...

did the airing already happen for ellen...we want to tape it so greg and I can find you again! by the way amazing amazing painting! love it all!

dxeechick said...

Ellen aired on Tuesday, sorry! I will let u know if it repeats. :)

Laurie said...

You are so talented, Jaana! I am familiar with the painting you've based your inspiration on, and I am drawn to yours, it is so lovely and dreamy, as Paris is a dream of mine. I think you should open a shop on etsy so we can purchase your art!

Laurie said...

Jaana, please consider joining this project: http://onehundredphotos.blogspot.com/