Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Avatar 3:D

I went into this movie with the expectation that A) The visual effects were amazing and B) The story SUCKED. Well, I agree that the visual effects were amazing, but the story did not bother me as much as I thought it would. I mean, yes. It's been done. (Although I do feel like the futuristic spin on this worked.) And yes. It was predictable. And yes. The dialogue was a little cheesy. But heck, I still enjoyed myself. Much more than I anticipated. I loved watching closely and trying to figure out where James Cameron drew his inspiration from. The Navi's look like cats - their ears were my favorite. The plants all look like something you'd find underwater. It was cool! I know I'm like one of the last people on earth to see this, but if you haven't, you should check it out. Just for the sake of seeing the biggest movie of all time. Don't miss it in the theater. It just won't be the same on your TV at home.

All that being said, I do NOT think it should win the Oscar. Like not even close. They will announce the nominees in a week or so and obviously, it'll be on there. But much better movies have been made this year. (i.e. INGLORIOUS BASTERDS!!!!!)

1 comment:

Krista said...

don't worry, you're not the last one to see it! i still haven't....