Monday, January 18, 2010

Book of Eli

Laaaaaaaame.

Well, in all fairness, I had no idea what I was getting into. This is not normally a movie I'd go see on my own. But all of our friends were going, so we tagged along. And nobody else hated it nearly as much as I did. The cinematography was dark and gray - just a little too over-done. There were a lot of really unrealistic fight scenes. Everytime Eli got attacked, we knew he'd defend himself easily, so there was nothing to worry about. The dialogue was cheesy and predictable. And the only saving grace for me was the interesting twist at the end. And some decent fore-shadowing, now that I know the twist. Honestly, within the first 10 minutes I knew I wouldn't like this movie, so I just really couldn't get into it from the start.

Denzel was still nice to look at, but when Mila Kunis made her entrance? Well, it was a bit laughable for her to do a role like this. She was the token hot chick. More power to her, but how can you take her seriously?

No comments: