Monday, November 9, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

When I first saw the trailer for this movie, I was very, very excited. I loved the book growing up and the trailer looked so awesome! Then, the more I heard about it from other people, the less excited I got. A lot of mixed reviews so I was definitely concerned. But, oh man! When it was all said and done, I really liked it. It was a little emo, but I think the tone of the movie matched the tone of the book. Plus it was just so well made! The characters, the cinematography, the costumes! It was so visually stunning to me and a true representation of the book brought to life. It's movies like this that fuel those creative juices and makes you want to perfect your art.

I also loved how they really dove in and developed the characters personalities and everything came full circle to represent all the pieces of Max's life. The fact that they could make all that from a short children's book was freakin' brilliant.

1 comment:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

I want to go see it. Looks like such a great fairytale. Can't wait to see you - even though you will be working the whole time you are here. From work I have seven signed up so far, and the Thursday shift has not come in yet! Oh, and Markus got a job at the program - scanning paperwork that is the most boring job of all and no one likes to do it. He will start tomorrow part time! YEA!