Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Tonight Show

Yes! The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. What a fun taping to attend!! I've seen Leno many times and Kimmel a couple, but Conan was the best. Obviously I've been a fan of his forever, so I felt really lucky to finally get to see a live taping - it was worth the wait! At first, I kept thinking "Man, I really wish we had seen him in New York. This is bittersweet because its the Tonight Show and not Late Night." But by the end it didn't even matter.

The guests were Eva Mendes and Bon Jovi - I was indifferent towards either of them. (Although the Bon Jovi fans were out and they were pumped.) But the real show is with Conan and Andy and the Tonight Show Band. Honestly, besides the red-headed host himself, that band was probably my favorite part. They come out early to get the crowd pumped up and they are amazing. Within the first few bars of music, I was like WHOA. These guys are GOOD. Their sound was clean and tight and they were total showmen. It is so different hearing them live than watching them on TV.

And a couple surprises - Andy Richter is really tall! I had no idea. Also, after the cameras stop rolling, Conan sings the "End of the Show Song". Classic. I'm definitely gonna do that again.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I am so incredibly jealous. Lucky dog.

Krista said...

i want to go!

dxeechick said...

Krista you should just request tickets and plan a trip around that!

Laurie said...

I've become a regular viewer of the 'Tonight Show' -- I feel like I get to spend some time back home when I watch, if that makes any sense!