Friday, February 13, 2009

Lucky Me!

My husband's amazing Mother wanted to throw me a belated birthday party. Totally unnecessary, but oh so sweet. We had everyone come here, since there was a mishap with the water heater at the in-laws' house. I think we ended up with about 18 people squeezed into our tiny living room, but it was so much fun. The cat was scared out of his mind, the nephews took turns between running wild and watching movies, the adults got to hang out and eat some totally delicious food, we had the company of the newest baby in the family. And I got to be very spoiled by my generous in-laws. I got some top-notch gifts (including Tiffany's, Burberry and Ed Hardy - nothing wrong with that!!) And they prepared all the food and cake beforehand and brought it to the house. One of the cousins even drove 5 hours to be here! It was so nice and really made me feel special. They made me feel like it was OK to make a big deal out of my 30th. They all kept telling me it was a very important birthday.

So thank you soooo much to the whole family for all the effort you put in. I couldn't ask for anything more! And the gifts were too much! Believe me, they will be put to good use!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww, so sweet!! what a great family - and so glad that you got a proper 30th - not that the others weren't great, but come on, it was your golden!!! :) (ps. you still get to celebrate it one more time with me!)