Monday, February 16, 2009

Foiled Again!

Valentine's Day is one of those days that Hubs and I always enjoyed celebrating as a new couple, but as the years go by, it seems like more of an annoyance than a special day. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago, we decided to stop buying each other gifts for Valentine's Day. Honestly, its meaningless! Nothing special ever happened for us on that day. We'd much rather celebrate our Anniversary, since that day is much more memorable.

We haven't given up completely on the idea of Valentine's day, so I made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and he had a little surprise up his sleeve. When you live in Southern Cal and you buy a Disneyland ticket, you also get to come back another day and go to California Adventure for free. Since we went to D-land for my birthday, (and it was Saturday so we had some time to kill) he thought it would be fun to use that free pass and go to CA Adventure for a couple hours in the evening. We could walk around, grab some dinner, maybe hit a couple rides. Of course, when I heard this idea, I thought it was brilliant.

So we fought the traffic and arrived at CA Adventure around 4pm. We strolled up to the gates, passes in hand and - surprise! My season pass is blacked out on Valentine's Day and they had to turn me away! I honestly had no idea and never even thought to check that before we left the house. I felt so bad because we had driven all the way out there for nothing.

Since we had just paid $12 for parking, we decided to make the most of it and just hang out at Downtown Disney. We tried a couple restaurants, but of course it was Valentine's Day so everything was PACKED - another reason we avoid celebrating this day. Finally we decided to go see a movie (He's Just Not That Into You) and fill up on junk food. So we ultimately still had a fun day. But Disneyland - how could you?!

3 comments:

amy said...

seriously!!! lame! They keep betraying you lately! What is up with that! Cute pancakes I want some! You guys are still a fun couple after all these years. maybe Valentine's is for couples who sucked it up a different part of the year, it's more like a second chance holiday.

dxeechick said...

I like it. I'll keep that "second chance holiday" thing in my back pocket for future reference!

treen+5 said...

LAME!! What a joke! I'm glad you had fun anyway. I LOVED that movie. :)