Sunday, January 11, 2009

Such a fun week...

OK. First of all - could it be any warmer here all of a sudden?! The last couple weeks have been on the chilly side. Typically upper 60's/low 70's, but once in awhile even got down in the 50's. Very sporatic. Yesterday and today: Mid-80's. 80 degrees in January! It is seriously warm enough for the beach. I'm not ready for the heat of summer, by any means. But I will admit, its just so beautiful and sunny you can't help but enjoy it. Guess I better shave my legs.

Anyway, this last week was really good. After my Mom and brother left town (still minus a trip to D-land) my sister and nephew stayed here so we could go to our cousin's wedding together. It was really fun having them around. I can't say enough about the nephew. He is so funny and is just developing a great personality. He recently learned how to throw fits, which I thought was hilarious, but his mommy - not so much. We played lots of peek-a-boo. He is the cutest when he is super ticklish and he just laughs so hard he can hardly breathe. Oh the baby laugh. Soooo adorable! He knows his animal noises pretty well. And loves to dance. He also loved chasing the cat up and down this house until the cat gave up and they became friends. Sort of.

Every day was an adventure. We ate lots (again. How does this always happen?) , took a trip to Rodeo Drive, had friends over for Poker Night, celebrated Armenian Christmas. Oh, and we got our new couch! LOVE IT! At first I was nervous about the color because it didn't really match all of our stuff. But it is so comfortable and opens up the room so much. It works for me!

On Friday, we drove up north to Folsom for our cousin's wedding reception. They got married in the Sacramento Temple (a.k.a the old Mormon Center) and the reception was at the Lake Natoma Inn. Cute little historic area of Folsom, really close to the American River. We ate and visited with the relatives - some that I hadn't seen in over 10 years. We danced and took silly pictures. Then some of us went bowling for the after-party. It was a lot of fun. And my cousin and his new wife are adorable. They even let us crash the honeymoon and invited us out to breakfast the next morning.

(I was not a bridesmaid, but totally matched the wedding accidentally. What a dork!)

It was a quick trip since we headed back home the very next day, but it was worth it. My sister and nephew also left last night and I have missed them already. The house is a little too quiet now. But she told me that the little one chased down some blonde in the airport thinking it was me. AWWW! Breaking my heart! Oh and when he says my name, I just melt. Aun-Na-Na. That's me. I could just die. But we will see them again soon in a few weeks for my birthday. Can't wait!

6 comments:

treen+5 said...

Haha Gadoo does look a little reluctant for that kiss. I want to flop on your couch, and how cute is Jorel? I've got to get over to seem him soon! Luvs!!

treen+5 said...

My domain name was stuck on Our Babies cuz I messed with it for a puppy blog! Lets see if it is back to The Wrights. ;)

David and Ally said...

I haven't shaved in over a week, just an FYI, although it is in the 30's here so really no need. A little extra warmth is a good thing right now. Love the couch and think you are pretty great too. Have a fun week.

Valerie said...

My husband is from Granite Bay. Isn't that a beautiful area. Oh and here is my blog is you want to "stalk" me :)
www.holtlife.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

Oh and by the way I got engaged in Folsom.

Camille said...

how fun. i love the couch too, it looks super comfy. and i totally lol when you said you were a dork for matching the wedding....how could you have known that?!? you crack me up. are you coming to utah anytime soon. it would be fun to get together with amy and reminiss :)