Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shoe Shopping

Warning: Nerd Alert

Today I was over the hill in LA to get my hair did. On my way home, I decided to stop by Off Broadway Shoes in Hollywood. It is like one of the biggest and grandest shoes stores that we have close by. Sort of like a DSW, just massive amounts of shoes. I have been looking for some black boots with a short 2" stacked heel. EVERYONE in New York had this type of boot. But I can't find them anywhere!! It seems that on the West Coast, we don't have much of a need for practical boots. Mostly everyone sells high-heel, dressy boots. I don't need any more of those, so the hunt continues.

Anyway, they didn't have the ones I wanted, but within 30 seconds of walking in the store I found these adorable yellow Steve Madden wedges. Of course, last year when I looked for yellow wedges, they were nowhere to be found. But since they were here now, I decided to get them. I continued to walk around for awhile, trying on shoe after fabulous shoe. I wanted to look at the wedges again just to make sure I had the right size and everything. As I walked back over in that direction, I saw this cute little blonde gal. When I made eye contact with her, I realized immediately that it was Kerrington from last season's So You Think You Can Dance! I'll admit, my heart jumped a little bit. It always does when I see people from TV or movies. I smiled at her and noticed she was looking at the exact same shoes that I had!

I could have just said "Hey, were you on So You Think You Can Dance?" or something. But I didn't want her to think I was this dorky 29 year old that is obsessed with that show. (Which I am.) So instead, I totally pretended like I didn't know who she was. I sat down by her to try my shoes on again and said "Oh, so which color are you contemplating?" She said, "Well I'm definitely getting the yellow, but now I'm trying to decide between black or brown as my second pair to have something more neutral." I go, "Oh yeah. Tough choice. They go with everything!" And she was like "Yeah, I know, right?" Then she grabbed the black pair and left.

I don't know if it was worse that I knew who she was, or that I went out of my way to PRETEND that I didn't know who she was. And all I could think was how cool that I bought the same yellow shoes as a 20 year old celebrity (?). Haha.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Summer is only good for one thing...SYTYCD!


That's so funny. I've done that before with a celebrity.
THose shoes are adorable. I want some!!

Camille said...

cute story. i would have done the same thing :) i LOVE the shoes, super cute!!

treen+5 said...

Haha awesome!! Love the recap. And the shoes are FABULOUS! I'm so sick of the shoe selection here. Really it's either Payless, Target or Khols. Yikes! Score for you!!

Unknown said...

I bought a pair of yellow wedges last year and I love them. Those are really cute!