Monday, January 19, 2009

Miracle Drug

So I got a prescription for Advair this last week. And I haven't had to use my rescue inhaler for 4 whole days! WOO! It's been a huge relief, because I just didn't feel like I was in a healthy state, not being able to breathe. The doctors say there was nothing UN-healthy about me, but they found that the asthma was definitely limiting me. The Advair has opened up my lungs and increased my air intake by quite a bit. There are some side effects I have to watch for - mainly weight gain (NOOOOO) and osteoporosis (have to start checking my bone density at 40 instead of 55). But for the time being I will cherish being able to breathe in the fresh, clean Los Angeles air! What?

2 comments:

amy said...

i am so glad and happy for you!!!!! Yeah breathing!!!

treen+5 said...

Oh that's good to hear. No fun for sure. Trentin's been having problems with asthma too. I'm glad you found something that works for you. YAY!