Friday, August 22, 2008

Playing Hooky

Yesterday, a few of us ditched work to go have some fun at Six Flags Magic Mountain. My husband absolutely hates theme parks, but he was kind enough to make the effort and spend some time with us. My bro and I have Season Passes that come with Free Friend passes, so it was a good, cost-efficient day of fun. We also got funnel cakes with a Buy One, Get One Free coupon. Oh man, those made my day. So tasty!

The lack of crowds was very surprising for a summer day too. Most of the lines were less than a 15 minute wait so we finished up the whole park in about 4 hours. Luckily that was the case, because we were so tired by the end. You really start to realize your age when you don't have the stamina for the things you used to! Plus, the new roller coasters these days are so scary and thrilling that you are exhausted after just a few rounds. The adrenaline rush totally wipes you out. X2, Tatsu and Goliath still get my heart racing. Woo!

1 comment:

treen+5 said...

Why does every one of my comments to you have a typo. Geeze! What I meant to say was...Aw, I'm forever missing out. One of these days I'll go on rides with you till I puke! :)