Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Working Vacation

It has been kind of a LOUD week. We've been getting our floors re-tiled through the hallway, bathrooms and kitchen. They almost completed the whole thing in just 3 days and tomorrow morning they will be back to change a couple faucets and do some final touches. With all the drilling, sawing and banging that we've been listening to, it was nice to have today off to just sleep in and watch some TV! I know, I make it sound like its been hard for us, when these poor contractors have been working their butts off! I'm sure they were even more happy to have a day off. Anyway, the floors look great and I'm really excited for the rest of the changes we're in the process of making too.

Hubby has been on vacation for about a month and has been working so hard on his time off! He's almost finished our guest bathroom - painted the cabinets, changed the mirrors, added some hardware and just those few tweaks have made a world of difference! Next he'll start on the master bath. And we'll get to the kitchen another time - that's a whole different can of worms!

He has a few more weeks off before he starts on Season 4 of Gene Simmons Family Jewels, and honestly its going to be kind of sad when he has to go back to work. I know he'd be terribly bored if he was home ALL the time, but its been fun having him here. Besides that fact that so much has gotten done around the house, he brightens up my work day with his silly jokes and we've had more time and energy for things outside the house too.

I can't believe I forgot to take a "before" picture of our awful 30-year old linoleum, (Stacy Catton is always so good about that in her blog!) but here's a sneak peek at the new tiles in the hallway and kitchen.



We were originally going to replace the old, awful linoleum with some nicer linoleum, but because of some water damage we were unaware of, the contractors recommended we go with tile. And believe it or not, the tile we picked out was CHEAPER than the linoleum we had picked out. Go figure and thank goodness!

3 comments:

Wawa74 said...

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see it. I'm coming over for dinner...what are you gonna make!?!

Unknown said...

Yes! Tile! Awesome!

Stacey said...

Like It! I might take before's, but I'm a terrible photographer. BTW, Love your artwork. I think it's fantastic to break out it art mode every once in awhile.
Post more, they are so cute.