Thursday, August 14, 2008

Artsy Fartsy

Once in awhile I get in these moods where I just NEED to have a creative outlet. Sometimes its photography, sometimes crafts or scrapbooking and sometimes crochet - although, I haven't had that urge in awhile. This week, I felt like painting...

I have painted a few things on canvas in the past, but I'm definitely no pro. Its just a fun thing to do once in awhile. I felt especially like a real artist when I had to run to the store and I had paint on my fingernails and legs. (Don't ask me how I get it EVERYWHERE) But for sure, everyone would know I had been painting. And they'd all assume I was amazing. HAHA! Anyway, here's what I painted the last couple days.

I painted this for our new bathroom


The real Moulin Rouge along with my version

I'm trying to decide if my creative streak is going to last long enough to tackle the Eiffel Tower. Its weird how it just turns off and on like that. But I'm thinking I can make a little Parisian Tribute based on the photos we took there. I don't even know where I'd put them all, but if nothing else, it would be interesting to see if I could do it!

2 comments:

amy said...

Jaana- AMAZING!! You have always been so talented! These are outstanding and awesome! I love that you are so artsy fartsy!!! Two WEEKS baby! I can't wait to see you! Love you bunches!

oceanlover said...

Jaana-
wow, those are so good! I am impressed! Keep it up, you need to continue to express that talent!
love ya,
Aunt D