Saturday, October 3, 2009

Workout Crew

Working out is a commitment. Working out is hard. Most people know my feelings on working out (hate it!) I don't mind being active - walking, playing sports, etc, I just hate working out or being stuck in a gym. However, one of our friends had a great idea! Working out with each other will make us stick to the commitment and may actually be fun. She was right. For the last three Saturdays, we've dragged our butts out of bed at a reasonable hour to meet up with our friends and get some exercise. The first weekend, we all met at the bike path in Burbank. Some people walked, some ran and some rode bikes. On week two, we were in Mammoth and went on a 4 mile hike. Week three we met at the high school and played tennis for an hour. All three activities got us sweating, laughing and sore! But the variety has been fun and of course makes us feel good about doing something healthy. Yay!

Now, I know I won't get in amazing shape playing various sports once a week, but I figure its better than nothing. And I'm having fun. We just need to stick with it. When the alarm goes off on Saturday morning, its not easy. But when you know everyone is there waiting for you - well it is motivating. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

I agree - working out is the pits! I still do it though because somewhere within I feel it will pay off - either by me having really strong legs or a healthy heart! Having a group of people doing fun activities sounds SOOO much better than huffing on an elyptical or racing uphill on a bike. Enjoy, enjoy!