Monday, August 31, 2009

Wild Weekend

This past weekend was probably the busiest we have had in awhile. Just go, go, go. All the while trying not to breathe because the air is so disgusting from the fire just over the hill.

On Thursday, I had the audacity to try Disneyland. It turned out to be the hottest day of the year. The park was empty, but man. It was really hot and uncomfortable. You'd go on something like Pirates or Small World to cool off, but no ride was long enough. My cheeks would still be radiating heat by the time it was over. I can't say I didn't have a good time, but I will really try not to go on a day like that again. At least not any time soon. Unless I'm just BEGGING for a migraine.

On Friday, we had a wrap party for the new show hubs has been working on. I met some of his new co-workers and we ate some delicious rice crispy treats. It was a pretty mellow night at a cool little place called the Snack Bar. We weren't out too late as we needed sleep to prepare for the next day.

Saturday was moving day for our friends. They just bought a great house in the valley and it was a pretty exciting day. At least 10 people showed up, ready and willing to move some stuff - which was good as we were able to load and unload the truck fairly quickly. The guys handled the big furniture and the girls helped move boxes and whatever else we could lift. During our lunch break, my husband was bet $25 that he wouldn't eat a large jalapeno pepper. He ate it, and regretted it later. Said he should have done it for no less than $50. He always knows how to add a little 'spice' to the day. (Get it?) Anyway, we are very happy for our friends and hope they love their new place. Can't wait to see it when its all set up and decorated!

Later that evening, we had a birthday party to go to. Actually, 2 birthday parties. One was for Mr. Gene Simmons - turning the big 6-0. It was in Hollywood at Lucky Strike Bowl and I'm going to guess there were over 200 people there. They had some good food and free drinks and we had a great time with my hubby's old co-workers. We talked to Gene and Shannon and were bummed that we missed Paul Stanley. But we still got a picture with him:

We left that birthday party around 11:45pm and headed back to Burbank to say Happy Birthday to another friend. This was much more low-key at a bar called Michael's, but just as fun. Our friends are hilarious. So we just sat around and talked and laughed for a little while until everyone was worn out and ready for sleeps.

Sunday, we had ONE LAST BIRTHDAY PARTY to attend. This was for a friend out in Fullerton and he's one that we don't see too often, so it was good to reconnect. The best part was that it was supposed to be a surprise but as soon as his girlfriend opened the door, before he even looked in the house, he said "I already know!" and we all just laughed. Oh well. We got home in the early evening and I started packing for my trip.

Off to Salt Lake City for some family, friends, and Dave Matthews Band.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Now that I'm here in the Deep South, I sure do love your tales of home ~ I was lucky enough to visit Disneyland on my birthday, August 1st.

Have a great time in Utah, another beautiful stae that I love and miss!

amy said...

man paul is hot!!! :)