Sunday, August 2, 2009

Funny People

This was a great movie. The cast was awesome and the writing was really good - especially the jokes. And it wasn't just joke after joke - they were well placed and clever. My brother said it best when he said, "I couldn't tell if the guys in this movie were really great actors, or just playing themselves." Which is so true, because you could totally see this was a realistic depiction of what they do in real life. Some parts of the story went on a little too long and the reasoning of certain things was a little silly, but overall I thought they did a great job. This was probably Adam Sandler's best role by a mile. It was such a perfect mix for him to play the funny guy with a dark edge. I enjoyed it!

At 2 and 1/2 hours running time, make sure you don't drink too much soda in the previews! The length was probably the only thing I would've changed.

No comments: