Friday, June 20, 2008

Sex and the City

So it took me a couple weeks to find someone that would watch it with me, but I finally got to see the Sex and the City Movie! My sister-in-law took me last night - and it was her 3rd time seeing it! She warned me that I would love it, and I absolutely did!! I had my reservations because it was a TV Show and everything, and I just didn't see how they could turn that into a 2 and 1/2 hour movie and still make it watchable. But they did!

I was completely smitten with all the fashion. Studied the outfits from head to toe in every scene. And in the beginning of the movie, it was such a fairy tale. I leaned over and said "How can so much good stuff happen in 10 minutes?!" Of course, its not such a dreamy romance through the whole movie.

I think the main reason the fans loved this so much is because we've been so invested in these characters for so many years. I never saw the show when it ran on HBO, but I've been watching it OnDemand and in reruns for at least 2 years. And you just start loving those girls. So whenever something good or bad happens, you almost feel like its happening to someone you know. I know it sounds silly, but its sort of like what Friends did for people 10 years ago. You wanted to be part of their group. Carrie and Big were the new Ross and Rachel.

Anyway, great flick. As soon as it was over I was like "When does the DVD come out?" This will probably be one I watch over and over. As they say, get Carried away...

No comments: