Sunday, June 22, 2008

Great Expectations...


So the last couple days, I have been looking through some old journal entries. It makes me very sentimental for the old days. Not to mention very grateful that I took time to write some of these things down! Again, the memory - not so great over here.

Anyway, I was reading an entry from December 4th, 1994...so I was 15. In church that day, we had talked about the ideal qualities that we wanted in our future mates and I recorded the traits I was looking for. Thought I would share a few of those, since most of them came with the man I got!

-Has goals and works hard to fulfill those goals.
-Is good with kids.
-Is good-looking with a cute smile and preferably dimples.
-Funny, sense of humor, can make me laugh.

-Educated so that he can make lots of $$.
-Loves to have fun.

-Honest.

-Very nice and sweet, loving.
-Can sometimes spoil me and the kids.
-Wants to have 2 or 3 kids.

-Faithful and loyal.

-An individual but not too weird.
(Haha)
-Accepts others easily, is easy to talk to.

-Mostly happy, but not afraid to cry.

-Can understand and comfort me when I cry (sensitive).

-Outgoing

-Can cook and clean.

-A party animal. Just joking.

Well, I think that's it. Whoa that's a lot. It doesn't seem like a lot at first, but it is and there's probably things I haven't even thought of yet. Sheesh. He's gotta be one great guy.


I thought it was funny that I had those high expectations, even at such a young age. At that time, I figured I'd probably be married by 19 with kids by 21. Kinda glad that didn't go according to plan! I would have married the first guy I kissed! Anyway, cheers to my awesome husband. He lives up to everything I had hoped for and more - even the cute dimples. Lucky me!

3 comments:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

You are lucky - I think the Guy in the sky has been looking out for you knowing what you need! And I am lucky too - it is nice to have a fourth son who is SO awesome! Thanks for bringing him into our lives!
Love and hugs! MOM

Anonymous said...

awwwww.... you guys are so cute! it makes me happy - pp rocks! love you both!

Stacey said...

How many young girls have made a silly list like that?
All girls you should have high expectations.
Sweet post. You two look like you have so much fun together. BTW, you always have the cutest hair!