Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Little Things

When I go through my day and I'm working my normal, crazy schedule, I sometimes forget that I only have about 8 days of work left! I got an email from Human Resources letting me know that my exit interview is on my last day (April 4th) and I was like "Oh yeah! That is next week!!" It's really bizarre. There are still a lot of loose ends I have to wrap up, so its going to keep me busy. I also have a lot to learn with Home View, so I won't really have a break. Which is probably good. I have to keep the momentum up, so I am disciplined when I start working from home.

There are a few things about my old job that I'm going to miss, like:
- District Manager trips
- Free gas and no car payment
- Free tickets to sporting events
- The friends I've made

But now I will have so much more freedom to do other things, like:
- Go for morning walks with hubby
- Cook once in awhile
- Wear whatever I want
- Wake up at 6:30 (not 4:30)
- Snuggle with Gadoo
- Not sit in traffic every single day
- Drive a car & not a dirty minivan
- Take a break from physical labor
- Make my bed daily

Its those little things I'm really looking forward to. And as scary as things can be, it does bring me a lot of relief knowing my run is almost over. The last 6 months have been tough. And I know the next 6 months will be tough, but in a very good and different way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! And if you wake up at 6:30am, you're a better person than I am.