Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Good Problem to Have

OK. So there is about to be a big change in my life. The first thing you're probably going to think is that I'm pregnant. Sorry, no. Not yet.

But I am giving 2 weeks notice at my job tomorrow. I'm really nervous. My stomach has been in knots all day. It is almost like breaking up with someone. But a really good opportunity has come up and I've been so burned out at work, that the time just feels right.

About a year ago, my husband started a side business called Home View, LLC. (www.homeviewllc.com)
It is growing so quickly, we don't know what to do with ourselves. (A good problem to have!) We do high-end videos/photography/websites for realtors to get their listings some good exposure and get the homes or apartments sold quickly. The jobs have gone national and we are about to pick up another huge client. So if I don't step in, he is going to have to hire someone anyway.

I guess I'm so nervous because its all happening so quickly. There was a time when I thought I'd be at my current job for the rest of my career. I thought I might be a working mom. Then, I realized that maybe I would just stay there until I got pregnant - take advantage of my maternity leave and THEN help out with the side business. As I started wearing down, I thought that maybe I would just try to stay another 6 months. About a week ago, I decided I would only be there another 6 weeks. And NOW, here we are. Two weeks away from my last day!

But I guess I would have to be crazy to turn down something like this. I will get to work from home for a great boss! :) And it will benefit our future so much if we can keep the business going in this upward trend. It scares the crap out of me that I will have the responsibility of keeping the business successful, but hubby is so supportive and doesn't think its possible for me to mess it up.

Wish me luck...

3 comments:

amy said...

JAANA! Wow things change fast in like what a couple of days! How exciting! Didn't I just talk to you about all this! How did it go? I guess I just need to call and chat again! Congrats woman! You are going to be MARVelous!

amy said...

by the way...your blogs are always so interesting.. thanks for the great reads. (I need to work on that..)

Jeannie said...

Oh, you will do great!!! working from home? The hardest thing is making sure you work every week day it is easy to get sidetracked! I love you blog too! it nice to know what is going on with you sweetie face!