Sunday, June 19, 2011

We CAN Be Spontaneous!

Friday afternoon, I get a text from my husband:

Him: Wanna see U2 tomorrow night in Anaheim?
Me: Um, yeah!?? What time, how, why?

Turns out an old co-worker of his was selling his nose-bleed seats, and we were more than happy to take them off his hands! Thank goodness I have a sister-in-law who lives close by and loves Stevie time more than anything else. She's the only baby-sitter I trust. And since she was available, we got to enjoy a great date night to a pretty rockin' band.

I've seen them one other time several years ago and if you've ever been to a show, you know its quite a treat. The stage was insane - so elaborate. The whole time I couldn't stop wondering how they put it up and take it down. It was like a crazy space ship. So cool. The setlist was great. I was worried I wouldn't know as much of their new stuff as I should, but they played tons of old songs and I heard almost all my favorites.

But as much fun as we had, we committed the ultimate sin for concert-goers and left before the encore *GASP* I have never done this before. But we are old and we got tired and we were missing the little one and we wanted to beat the traffic... So we booked it after Walk On. Aren't we so lame? Ah, at least we went out I guess.

Here's the goods:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until The End Of The World
One
Where The Streets Have No Name/All You Need Is Love
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Beautiful Day/Space Oddity
Elevation
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Miss Sarajevo
Zooropa
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy (If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight)/Discoteque
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet
Walk On/You'll Never Walk Alone

Encore: Ultra Violet (Light My Way), With Or Without You, Moment of Surrender/Jungleland

See? A totally sing-along-worthy set of songs! We may or may not have done a little dancing too. And we DID hear the first 2 encore songs on the way to the car, so we didn't miss THAT much. Don't think of me differently, ok?

No comments: