Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Road Trip

We had a plan.

My husband got 2 weeks off from work. We were gonna go to Southern Utah to visit the family for the weekend and then spend (at least) one night in Vegas so we could take advantage of the warm weather lounging by a fabulous pool.

Our plans changed.

The season premier of Gene Simmons Family Jewels did so great in the ratings that the network spontaneously wanted to add more episodes, thus calling my husband back to work a week early. A blessing and a curse all in one. So instead of relaxing in the sun, my poor husband is stuck in an office and will probably be working really long hours. And I'm just home tending to poopy diapers and waiting for doctor appointments.

I swear we always get the best pictures in my Mom's backyard. It has perfect light!

It's OK. We still squeezed in our little road trip to Utah. And we had such fun on our mini vacation. (Plus I made my husband promise he'd make it up to us later with a weekend trip to Palm Springs or San Diego or something.) The traffic getting to and from Vegas was atrocious, but once in UT, we enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. Maybe too much. And you know when I say that, I'm mostly talking about food - BBQ steak, burgers, homemade spaghetti, oreos, chocolate cake, s'mores - oh, it gives me a stomach ache just thinking about all the food we took in this weekend. But that's beside the point! The family fun time was great too. It was fantastic just to get away from it all for a couple days.

Loves his Mümmi (that's Grandma in Finnish)

Stevie had the best time with Mümmi & PopPop. They are so sweet with him. They even baby-sat so we could take the cutest nephew in the world to see Cars 2. Hubby and I thought the plot was really complicated, and the 3 year old just LOVED it. Go figure. He said "Tomorrow we are going to see Cars 3!" He just couldn't wait. It was so cute. I had a great time with my sissy too. We are planning a girl's trip for August to the Midwest and I'm really looking forward to that! This mini vacation was a grand slam for sure. Now that we know the baby can handle the long car ride, I hope we get to do it lots more!

After a good read.

Playing in the sprinklers

At 5 Guys

Nephew with Sissy / Stevie with Brosef

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh, those little glasses are to die for. I love em!

absolutebob said...

Why is brosef always wearing a cap? Is he bald?

amy said...

i didn't comment...those pictures of stevie in the backyard with mom & dad are buttery love! so cute. And I just want to squeeze and eat his legs. just sayin.