Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Wrap-up

April was kind of a great month. Stephen has become more fun and interactive and we're able to actually leave the house without a meltdown. It really makes me happy. Not only are his doctor appointments and trips to the grocery store a million times easier, but we could throw in a few fun things here and there too.

My sister came to visit for a quick weekend trip to take her son to see Thomas the Tank Engine in Fillmore. For those of you who have Thomas fans, you know this is kind of a big deal. The baby and I went with her and some had more fun than others - but all in all it was a lovely day. I had a great time with my sis, just being outside and hanging out. She is great. Wish she could've stayed longer.

The huz had a High School Marching Band Reunion. Yes, he was a band geek. But most of those band geeks have become my closest friends and the reunion was a great excuse for all of us to get dressed up and enjoy a night out. My husband also took the time to make a video with old band footage and pictures for everyone to watch. He did such a great job and of course it was a hit. I didn't even go to High School with these people, but sometimes I feel like I did.

April is also the month of my husband's birthday. We didn't do anything major, but I ordered him breakfast to be delivered (I couldn't muster up the energy to cook!) and then we went out that night with our friends to Gordon Biersch. Oh, I did make red velvet cupcakes though, and they were delicious if I do say so myself. I'm pretty sure he had a good day.

We took our first overnight trip with Stevie for Easter weekend. I was a little anxious to see how he would be in the car for the 3 hour trek to San Diego, but he slept the whole time! It was so awesome. We spent Saturday evening with some of hubby's cousins and it was so fun. It was the first time I've been to their house where there weren't like 25 people there, so it was quiet and relaxing (and of course Stephen charmed the pants off everyone). On Easter Sunday we made our way to see the other side of his family in Dana Point and that was fun too. I was a little on the tired side from lack of sleep in the hotel, so I got a little overwhelmed with all the people giving me "Mommy Advice", but I guess that's just part of what happens when you're a new mom. I have to remember it's all out of love. The food was great and the baby was great, so I'd say the whole weekend was a smashing success. Can't wait to do another overnight trip! I'm way ready for a real vacation...


2 comments:

absolutebob said...

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Band Reunion! I'll have to come over sometime soon and watch that footage Paul edited.

treen+5 said...

Pretty sure you're like wasting away..skinny minny!;) Happy belated birthday to Paul!