Saturday, April 23, 2011

4 Months Old

Baby: I think I've pretty much been keeping up with his latest and greatest here. He makes me so proud every single day. We are yet to conquer the sleeping issue, but we'll get there. He really loves hanging out on his play mat and grabbing at the dangling toys. Its hilarious to watch because he gets so focused. He's also started scooting on his back. I haven't witnessed it, but each time I look over at him, he's in a different position or off the mat completely! He hates taking his medicine every day and makes the worst faces or spits it out. His neck is getting stronger. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks he'll have enough control that I can put him in the Bumbo Seat (thanks sis!) He and the cat and have become a little more buddy-buddy. We often find them snuggling in the middle of the night. He always grabs onto me when I'm changing his diaper. Sometimes we just look at each other and smile. Gooooo! Chunky boy - I couldn't even button the top button in this picture :)

STATS:
Head - 16 1/2" (20th %)
Weight - 16 lbs. 6 oz. (50th %)
Height - 24 1/2" (20th %)

Parents:
The huz and I haven't shared a bed in quite some time and honestly, it takes its toll. One of us is always on the couch with the baby and we really miss our simple routine of watching Conan and getting caught up before we go to sleep. Not that we argue more or anything, we just miss each other in general. We miss the old us. He's really good about not letting us forget to make a connection once awhile though. He doesn't want us to get used to not spending time together. I agree 100%. We are always happier when we do, its just hard. Its going to take a little more effort and energy now, but its definitely a priority.

Mommy's Thoughts: I've noticed that my boobs have a couple new features. 1) When I sit down, the bottom of my boobs and the top of my stomach roll meet. Must work on my posture! 2) When I run, they not only bounce up and down, but side to side as well. I'm nervous to see what they will look like when I'm done pumping and they are totally drained. Poor things. And poor readers... sorry to talk about my boobs so much.

3 comments:

Serendipity said...

My newest lil one was born on 2/14/11. Glad to hear that your lil guy is doing well.

Alicia said...

Oh--- Boobs.
The drama of boobs blows.
Mine are shrinking. Yay! (I'm weening.) But they are slowly getting droopier by the day. Boo.

PBJ Mommy said...

We went through the separation/missing each other too with our first born but it eventually came back around to us again and it was as good, and as sweet, as ever. A plus is the "reunion" sex is awesome!(it's not just the heart that grows fonder) hehe
I would like to send you guys an invite to Mason's homecoming party. I totally understand if you don't want to bring out Steven in crowds yet.
I don't have your email so could you email me your address at jellychronicles@yahoo.com

Mason still isn't lifting his head but he is half way rolling over. It's progress! and we are off oxygen yay!