Friday, September 17, 2010

Intimate Apparel?

So you know when you are like 13 years old and you go bra shopping for the first time and you see those hideous, giant, silky, "full-coverage" bras with straps so thick that it looks more like a parachute than lingerie hanging on the rack and you think to yourself "I hope to high heaven I never have to wear one of those"?

I am now the owner of one.

Even 18 years later, it still scared me to think I might need one. Seeing it hang there in all it's saggy glory made me cringe - not cute in any way, shape, or form. BUT it's not as bad as I thought it would be. As my body takes on these new shapes and forms, comfort is quickly becoming my top priority. And it is comfortable, so I'll take it.

The next step will be to conquer my fear of nursing bras - a whole other story.

Although, she looks pretty excited about it. How bad can it be?

1 comment:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Jaana, you are too funny! It seemed to me a LONG time ago that only old people wore those "parachute" type bras but I have come to realize it is not about being old, it is about being comfortable!