Monday, April 19, 2010

Month #4

Well the last month has had its up and its downs. Its been busy and its been boring. I went for about a week where I lost my will to live, but I'm back to regular ol' me. (Don't quite know where that came from but we all have our moments.)

April in a nutshell:
* Had a (very) mini High School reunion. Not many people were there, but a few of my favorites showed up. It was really fun to get reacquainted and reminisce about the old days.
* Poker night with our buddies.
* Booked a couple of photography jobs, so I'm very happy (and relieved).
* Went to a good friend's wedding. As usual, I basically attended the wedding alone because my husband is so popular, he gets asked to be in the wedding party EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
* Took some cat naps with my fat cat.
* Worked from home editing photos for the reality show that my husband is working on.
* Had a shopping day with my gal pals to prepare for our upcoming Vegas trip! Just a few days 'til we are outta here!
* Attended a couple photography workshops that taught me a lot.
* Had weekend workouts with my girlfriends to prepare for bathing suit season. Although it didn't prepare me enough. I need to buy one for this weekend and I DON'T WANNA!
* Went to a Jimmy Kimmel Live taping.
* Hit the 6-mile mark in my 10K training! I still can't believe it myself. Although, since I've almost accomplished my goal, I have been losing some of my motivation to keep going. I haven't lost any weight, which is just annoying. The weather has been getting hot so that makes it really uncomfortable. Besides, running is just so dang hard... But I must keep plugging along. Hopefully it will get easier one of these days.
* Watched a lot of TV. Mostly the reruns they play on TBS.
* My brother, sister & nephew came for another visit. It was really fun. We ate a LOT. We went to a Dodger game. We went to the Natural History Museum. We watched a bunch of movies. We drove up the coast in a convertible. I loved it and really didn't want them to leave.

Month #4 ain't over yet!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Man, that nephew of yours is a doll.
I'm sorry you were down... I really don't how it happens to me either. One day I'm fine, then for like a week I'm crying constantly. I blame hormones. Damn females. :)
Love you!

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

I love you Jaana. You have lit a fire under my butt too so I have started the 10K training. Only one week so far and it is a lot harder than riding a bike, I tell you that much! Everything hurts, but it propably does not help to be pulling weeds and digging holes in the garden for twelve hours in one weekend! But the yard is shaping up again for the summer. You and Paul ought to come out and sit on our back porch and enjoy the quite times. Miss you!

Laurie said...

Your spring is a lot more fun and eventful than mine! I still have a good mix of tears and a longing for home as I try to establish a NEW home here. It's hard.....love and best wishes for a happy fun-filled summer.