Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Wolfman

First off, I do NOT do scary movies. (Honestly. My husband and I have known each other for a LONG time and we've never seen a horror movie together.) But for some weird reason, the trailers for this looked sooo cool to me. I was a little nervous going in, because I was sure there would be some frightening moments. And there were a couple spots that made me jump, but mostly this movie gave me the giggles. It reminded me of a campy horror movie instead of this cool, epic, modern Wolfman. Every time he would rip someone's arm out or knock someone's head clean off, I would laugh! I'm sure the people around me just loved that. But I couldn't help it. It was too cheesy. One thing I liked was the costumes. When it wasn't CGI, it looked pretty good. I guess they tried keeping it close to the original. (?) I haven't seen the old one, but that's what some people were saying.

Unfortunately they should have updated it instead. It could have been so much better - and a lot less predictable!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I love you and your use of campy. I am a serious lit. nerd.

Laurie said...

Thanks for the review and saving me ten bucks/two hours of my time! I really like Benecio del Toro - oh well, maybe next time. Tonight I'm renting "Everbody's Fine" w/ Robert Di Niro and Drew Barrymore. Here in The South we have these new Blockbuster rental kiosks popping up everywhere -- it's just like redbox rental, I guess. Can't beat it for a buck.