Thursday, February 25, 2010

SICK!!!

Dear Sinus Infection,

Your timing is terrible. Not that there's ever really a good time to get sick, but I'm really annoyed with you! Thinking you can just come along and ruin my week when so many good things are happening. Let me give you a taste of why you are so challenging to deal with.

My family is coming to visit later today and I want to feel better while they are here so everyone has a good time. I am the entertainer and I can't perform my duties properly if you are around. My nephew needs lots of kisses from me since I don't get to see him that often, but who wants kisses from a sick person??

I'm right, smack-dab in the middle of my 10K training and I've already missed 2 days of running thanks to you. Now I might miss a 3rd day and you are really just throwing me off my schedule with no consideration for how difficult it will be to start up again.

I am also very close to being done putting the house back together. After we got our carpets changed, it has taken almost 2 weeks to unpack and de-clutter and find a home for everything. With only a couple boxes left, I was really hoping to finish that today.

But you seem to have a different plan. No amount of Vitamin C or Benadryl seems to appease you. So I am asking nicely. Please leave my body. Cease and desist!! If you do not, more serious measures will need to be taken and you're not going to like it.

Sincerely,
Me

P.S. I hate you.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I may have already asked you, but have you ever tried Advil cold and sinus or straight up Excedrin? Both seem to help me in your predicament.

dxeechick said...

I use Excedrin a LOT. The migraine one seems to help. I haven't tried the Advil Cold & Sinus, but I saw a commercial for it and I was like "I MUST TRY THAT". So I'll grab some when I get a chance. Thx for the tips!

Laurie said...

Oh no! I applaud you on your fitness goal -- wow! I can barely run around the block. I hope you feel better soon -- enjoy playing tourist with your family (I really miss showing off San Diego to family and friends). Have a great weekend!

Lara Peltekian said...

You're hilarious!