Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fanfare

This has been a good week, if not only for TV. a) Conan O'Brien is back! Welcome to L.A. ConeBone. I have, indeed, requested tickets to a live taping, but nothing yet. The show feels the same for the most part, so that's a good thing. Even the theme music! Love that. It's just nice that its on earlier for old people like me who need sleep.
My version of his fabulous high hair
b) The DMB has had TV appearances almost every day of the week. They've been on Late Nite with Jimmy Fallon, the Today Show, and the Fuse network has been showing a 4-part documentary on the band plus tons of their live shows. Their new album came out Tuesday and its getting rave reviews - by critics and myself. My favorite song so far is "Why I Am". It's catchy, and a clear tribute to LeRoi, who passed away last summer. Aaah, its good to be a fan right now.
The closest I've ever been...
Now if only 30 Rock was on all summer, I'd be complete.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thank you for the link to the photography site! It's very informative and I bookmarked it so I can read more of the content later.

I, too, share the 30 Rock love ~ I could watch it every night and never grow tired of it.

I'm going to stop by Target today (yay, Super Target up here in Denver)for the new DMB CD. Thanks for the recommendation.