Saturday, June 13, 2009

Away We Go

This was another movie where I didn't really know what to expect. John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph seemed like a strange pair to me. So I knew going in that I was either going to love it or hate it - and I absolutely loved it. They were funny, they were sweet, they were believable. They made me want to take a journey. And it had a sensitive side too. I've always liked John Krasinski in The Office (what girl doesn't love a goofy, sweet kind of guy) but this movie took him to a whole other level.

And then just from an artisitic point of view, my senses were on overload. Everything was a fantastic camera angle and pretty colors. Made me want to go out and take pictures immediately! Kind of dark at times, but always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Overall - probably my favorite movie of the year so far.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for the movie recommendations -- there's an AMC 24 right next door to our Residence Inn. I can't wait to see Away We Go, now you have me wanting to go see it NOW and I'm in wet hair and pajamas. Hope the June Gloom is gone -- still a little murky up here in the Rockies.

Laurie said...

I'm going to see Away We Go tomorrow. I found dog daycare via the local PetSmart, freeing me for an afternoon at the movies. I can't wait -- I have a good feeling about this one.