Friday, April 10, 2009

Shout Out

I just have to take a moment and give major props to my hair stylist. I have always had a hard time trusting people with my hair. A couple bad experiences, but mostly it just makes me nervous to see someone new.

When I lived in Utah, I used to drive to Vegas to see my hair gal. When I moved to California, I hadn't gotten any good referrals. So for the next year or so, I continued making the trip to Vegas to see the stylist I trusted. Unfortunately (?) she got married and moved to Provo, leaving me with no choice but to find someone new. Luckily a friend recommended my new stylist. I've been seeing her for a couple years now and she never fails to impress me.

My whole life, I have been told that if you have a round face, then first of all - you should never have bangs. Second of all - you should never do a short hair cut, let alone a bob of any kind. But here I am, with an a-line bob and cute little bangs to top if off. Somehow my stylist can really pull it off and make me feel like this looks was MADE for me. The cut isn't all the different from cuts I've had the last couple years, but its more than that. Plus, the color is just fabulous. Like seriously sooo good!

So thank you Sommer! And hey, let's all take a moment today and appreciate someone who makes us feel good about ourselves. We all need that boost once in awhile.

7 comments:

treen+5 said...

Ohhh look at you ya cute little cuss! LOVE IT. See ya soon! :)

amy said...

oh i love it so so cute!!!! you are simply gorgeous!!!

Laurie said...

I love, love, love bobs and yours is amazing! You look beautiful, and the cut certainly suits you, and is so stylish and California modern. We are moving down south in about six months, and I'm already having "stylist anxiety" I picture myself driving into Nashville (about an hour from Huntsville, Alabama) for cut & color -- please wish me luck.

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Absolutely gorgeous - as always!! Love you and miss you.
MOM

Camille said...

ooohhh i LOVE it. very perfect. just right for you. you look HOT!

Jeannie said...

oh so cute. you look so beautiful. oh, I know it is a round about way, I got your giveaways. you feed a family, Amy, Janel, and Me! I got the pants and some cute shirts. thanks Jaana love, you are the best. I have lost alot of weight and I really need some smaller things. thanks for being the just the right size! I love you!

Valerie said...

I love short cuts. They are so much more sassy. Yours is way cute!