Sunday, April 19, 2009

BFF's (Blonde Friends Forever)

I have one of those rare best friends - we met senior year of high school. She was a fellow boy-crazy blonde. We had a blast together for a short while, headed our separate ways and didn't meet up again until 8 or so years later. But somehow we were able to pick back up right where we left off.

On paper, we might not even make sense as best friends. All I know is that when we are together, we always have a good time. And this past week was no exception. She came to crazy LA for a short little spring break of sorts and I'm pretty sure it was a success! I picked her up at the airport on Wednesday and we headed straight for a late lunch at Cheesecake Factory and shopping at my happy place, H&M. Soon after, we got in our comfy clothes and settled in for some movie watching.

On Thursday, we spent most of our time in Hollywood. Went up to the Hollywood sign, had lunch at Bossanova, shoe shopping at Off Broadway, a little photo shoot at LACMA, and then a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show. We actually had tickets to sit in the green room, where we caught glimpses of Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens and the Millionaire Matchmaker. (Yes, Zac & Vanessa are ADORABLE in person. *sigh*) After the taping we headed back to Burbank for a classic dinner/dessert at Bob's Big Boy. Then settled in for some Thursday night TV watching.

On Friday, we were pretty wiped and got a little bit of a late start. We headed out to Santa Monica around noon and it took almost an hour to get there with the traffic. So it didn't give us much time to play before her flight left at 3:10, but we made the most of it. Walked around, got some pictures, ate a banana split (except for the part that ended up on the pavement) and headed back. I was expecting it would take us about 30-40 minutes to get back, but I was way off! We didn't get to the Burbank Airport until 3:00! Luckily her flight was a little delayed and she JUST BARELY made it on the plane. Phew! It was like a race against time.

So as you can tell, it was a short visit, but well worth it. I feel like I just gave her a sneak peek of LA, but all the more reason for her to come visit again.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I like your take on "BFF--Blonde Friends Forever!" What a lovely L.A. hostess you are, I wish I had your energy (at 48 I'm afraid I'm winding down a little). It sounds like the perfect whirlwind weekend to me, and, as always, your photos are awesome!

Camille said...

what a great weekend! there is nothing like picking up right where you left off with a friend! it looks like you couldn't have done any more than you did! i could use a weekend like that!!

treen+5 said...

Ahhh good times. I had a blast! We for sure need to do that again!