Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vegas, baby... Vegas

This was the best Vegas trip I have been on since my Bachelorette Party. It was a very different trip, since it was just me and the husband, but we had such a great time. Got there Friday evening and checked into the Excalibur. That's sort of a weird hotel. Its almost like they can't decide what type of place they want to be. On one hand, it seems like a great family-type hotel. And on the other hand, they are still trying to be a cool, hip, party hotel. I think they should pick one thing and stick with it. Its strange to see children walking around while they are blasting 50 Cent in the "Party Pit".

A short while after we checked in, my sis and the adorable nephew met us at the hotel to hang out for awhile. The baby was petrified when he first saw us again. It took him a little while to warm up, but then I got to squeeze him a bit. And once we got him down to the pool, he just had a blast. He splashed and kicked as much as he could. Looked like he was trying to swim away a couple times. That was cute. After that little workout, we went to Rainforest Cafe at the MGM Grand for dinner. One really nice thing about staying at Excalibur was how close it was to everything else. Loved that we could walk everywhere, even though it was like 113 degrees. It was better than trekking to the car and fighting the traffic.

By the time sissy headed out, it was pretty late so we were ready to sleep. The next morning, we went down to the pool for a little while, checked out the spa, had some lunch and gambled, of course! For some reason, I have been getting lucky on the Wheel Of Fortune slot machine. It is usually my downfall because its so addicting, but I won $300 over the last 3 weekends of playing! Very strange. Maybe I should try playing the lotto now? I'm sure I just spoiled my luck by mentioning it, though! Anyway, we took the afternoon to walk around the Strip and check out some of the other hotels. Then headed off to the COLDPLAY CONCERT at MGM.



People, if you EVER have the opportunity to see them live - do it. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to in my life. I wish the video could do it justice. I saw them last year, so I knew it would be good. This was hubby's first time seeing them. Seriously. Awesome. We even rank them slightly above U2. That's how good it was. So we obviously had a blast there and were very pleased with the way our weekend turned out.

On Sunday, we grabbed breakfast and headed home. Stopped in Primm to say hello to my Mom (she had been in LA this weekend - go figure). Did a little shopping and then sat in rain and traffic for the next 6 hours. (It's normally a 3 1/2 hour drive!) So it may not have been the perfect way to end the perfect weekend, but it was still totally worth it. I'm so happy we took this little trip and spent some much needed quality time together. It was honestly like a 3rd honeymoon. He reminded me of a quote that is hanging at his parents' house: "I love you more today than yesterday, but less than tomorrow". So true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had a lot of fun too - let's do it again soon!!